Saturday 5 March 2011

Playing with the nets.

Playing with the net shapes, was a necessary step for me to continue with my work. Once i decided upon the net approach i started experimenting with different styles, sketches of which are shown in my sketch book. I began building upon each of the nets, looking it the forms they were producing.


The above picture shows the variety of sizes i can use and how they can work together to build something. I am going to photograph my work at different stages and see how each image can change just by adding a few more cubes.


Trees are a wide variety of shapes anyway so my nets can form in many way possible. It is going with the same process that nature does. It grows and it changes in many different ways.


The above image shows how i can build out from the centre like branches grow out from the centre of a tree.




The above two models show experimentation with nets on a larger scale, how it grows. It was easier to start with the bigger nets and build up with the smaller ones. When doing my final piece i am going to build on this idea, making the above model more complex and intricate symbolising the beauty yet complicated systems which nature is.

No comments:

Post a Comment